PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The Carnac Tourist Office respects your right to privacy.
This section on the protection of personal data and privacy details our practices in terms of the processing of personal information that we collect online or offline, in particular via our website www.ot-carnac.fr, and any of our organisation’s other websites, forms and electronic messages.
WHO ARE WE?
The Carnac Tourist Office was created on 9 October 1928 as an association under the French law of 1901. At the instigation of the town’s mayor, the Carnac Tourist Office became an ‘Établissement Public à vocation Industrielle et Commerciale’ (EPIC) in January 2009.
The organisation has two information points that are open all year round: at the beach (la Plage) and in the town centre (le Bourg) as well as an information point at the Maison des Mégalithes during the summer season.
The Carnac Tourist Office is classified category 1. It has been committed to the ‘Qualité Tourisme’ initiative since 2013 and obtained certification in May 2014.
The website is managed by the Koredge, rue du Bois de la Courbe, 25870 Châtillon-le-Duc, www.koredge.fr
What personal information do we collect and for what purpose?
The personal information that we may collect generally relates to the following areas:
- Information you provide voluntarily
- Certain sections of our websites may request information to be provided voluntarily, for example to subscribe to our newsletters. When we ask you to provide us with your personal data, we will explain how it will be used.
- Information we collect automatically
When you visit our websites, we may automatically collect certain information from your computer. In certain countries, in particular within the European Economic Area, this information may be considered as personal information under applicable data protection legislation.
This information relates to your IP address, the type of device used, the device’s unique identification number, the type of browser, general geographical location (e.g. country or city) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device interacted with our websites, including which pages you accessed and which links you clicked on.
Collecting this information enables us to get to know you better, in particular your geographical origin and the contents of our websites that interest you. We use this information for marketing analysis and to improve the quality and relevance of our websites by tailoring them to better suit our visitors and their expectations.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. See the paragraph below entitled ‘Cookies and similar tracking technologies’.
Sharing your personal data
We do not share your personal information with third parties, unless:
- we have obtained your agreement;
- as part of the Google Analytics analysis tool;
- we are required to do so by law or by government authorities, or we deem it necessary to do so for legal or public safety reasons.
Processing of personal data
We will collect and process personal data about you only with your consent, to respond to your request (for literature, information on stays, etc.)
You are not required to provide us with your personal information. However, if you do not do so, we will be unable to contact you.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies
How do we protect your personal information?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information about you that we collect and process. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks associated with the processing of your personal information.
We have implemented data security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information under our control against any:
- unauthorised access;
- disclosure or misuse;
- unauthorised modification;
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All our employees and data processors (i.e. those who access your personal information on our behalf and for the purposes listed above) who have access to and are associated with the processing of your personal information have an obligation to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all website users.
Your personal data is kept in our databases for as long as we have a legitimate need to provide information or services that you have requested, or to comply with current legal, fiscal or accounting requirements.
In any case, they are kept for a maximum period of three years.
You have the following rights relating to the protection of personal data:
- You can access, modify, update or request the deletion of your personal data at any time by contacting us using the contact details you will find in the paragraph ‘How to contact us’.
- You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any marketing e-mail we send you.
- Likewise, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can revoke this consent at any time.
- You can file a complaint with a data protection authority regarding the collection and processing of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority (CNIL in France). Contact details for data protection authorities for the European Economic Area, Switzerland and some countries outside the EU (including the United States and Canada) are available here.
We will respond to all your requests relating to data protection in accordance with current legislation.
How to contact us
Office de tourisme de Carnac
74, Avenue des Druides
56342 CARNAC cedex
+33 (0)2 97 52 13 52